by Moorgard on 2002-02-25February 25th, 3:00 am
- Fixed a problem with the Gnome sitting animation
- Fixed a bug that was causing some people to crash when repeatedly right-clicking spell gems
- Made adjustments for Quellious monks attempting to do Iksar Shackle quests
- Fixed a bug in the way that Alternate Experience was being distributed. Extra experience was being generated for an ungrouped character with all experience going to the Alternate Experience pool. Too little experience was going into the Alternate Experience pool for people grouped that were applying less than 100% of their experience to the Alternate Experience pool.
- Fixed stacking issues with Circle of Seasons and Talisman of Epuration
- Wild Lord's armor effects are now level restricted
- Fixed a bug with necromancer pets that was preventing them from gaining the healing benefit of lifetaps. It turns out that this was affecting all NPCs. It should now be working properly for both pets and NPCs.
Mostly a bunch of ho-hum changes, unless you're a necromancer, in which case you should be doing the undead dance of joy. I suppose gnomes are happy too, being able to sit correctly and all--did they forget to cross their legs or something? Hey, howsabout fixing human sitting animations while you're at it. If humans have a weapon or range item equipped, we sit there like statues.
The one that sticks out, of course, is the change to alternate advancement experience. While I'm all in favor of increasing the amount of exp that groups get, I really really don't like the piddly amount of time I get to spend soloing for AAXP getting nerfed. Not that I could ever hope to catch up to the freaks with 120 points, but I like to dream and all.
There was also a new spdat.eff file patched, which means new spells went live. We should really parse that damn file ourselves, but frankly we're just too lazy. If any of you Test server (or regular server) folks with great parsing skills want to see your name in cheesy Mobhunter neon, drop me a line.
If you're into coffee and suicide (sorry if I used that joke already, but damn it, my brain is frazzled), go to Seattle and have a blast at the upcoming FanFaire:
*** Fan Faire Registration is Open ***
Registration has opened for the Seattle Fan Faire! We will be at the Doubletree Seattle Airport Hotel on April 19-20. Register early and join us for a great time! Visit http://everquest.station.sony.com/fanfaire/en/index.jsp for registration and all of the details!
Community Relations Manager
Sony Online Entertainment
Mobhunter is currently shopping for a Mrs. Havisham-like sponsor who will fly us around the country to various FanFaires while demeaning us and torturing us sexually via her young ward. If you know of such a woman (or man--we ain't that picky), please let us know.